Sunday, January 2, 2011

January is Get Organized Month

To jump start your new year, I will post solutions to the most frustrating clutter and disorganization dilemmas people face in their homes.

Let's start with storing all of your holiday decorations. Sadly, the holidays are over and it is time for many of us to "undress" our homes.  The most obvious storage solution for your holiday decorations are the plastic containers that can be found at any department or grocery store.  I like to have the color of the container match the holiday, so my Christmas decorations are in green colored containers. That way I do not have to label them. 

When storing away seasonal place mats and table runners, hang them up with pant hangers and then hang them in a closet or a laundry line in your home.  This will keep them flat.  Depending on how many place mats you have for the year, you may be able to hang up to six mats on one hanger.  This is great, because you will be able to actually find them when you need them!

1 comment:

  1. I also use the pants hanger idea to store my small garden flags. It makes it much easier to find the seasonal one that I'm looking for and I never have to iron out the creases that result when they are folded.

    ReplyDelete